Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Selling My Vote On eBay

Alaska governor Sarah Palin put the state jet on eBay. American manufacturers can sell their pollution rights. Women in Nevada can sell their bodies. Hell, parents can sell young teenage girls to R. Kelly. A San Diego college student put her virginity up for sale. Chicago is selling airports and toll roads.

The government even sells tax stamps for illegal drugs. This means you can't sell illegal drugs, but if you do, you have to pay taxes on sales. In other words, you may get probation for selling illegal drugs, but you could get life without parole for not paying taxes on the illegal drug sales.

So, why can't I sell my vote? I am not really enthused with either major party candidate. Actually, I have never voted for a Republican or Democrat for president. Just wouldn't be prudent to give my vote away to Obama or McCain. It would be a waste. My waste could be someone else's treasure.

Voting for Obama or McCain would be like giving money for food to a drunk on the street.

Sharing with an acquaintance my disdain with the limited quality of candidates this election and my opting to sit this one out, her advice was do not waste my vote.

So, in order to not waste it, why not put it on eBay and see what I can get for it? Any revenue received would be donated to my favorite local charity.

Illegal? You bet. But buying votes has been a part of American politics since voting began.

To raise additional money, why don't we take all lost voting rights of say, convicted felons and put them up for bid. Hell, with the one-half billion dollars Barack Obama has raised, he could buy enough repossessed votes to win. Then again, Cindy McCain could buy a lot, too. Then Oprah could buy more for Obama. Talk about a fund raiser. We could raise enough money from selling votes to find a cure for cancer and take care of Jerry's kids.

Again, all money generated from vote sales would go directly to charities. Or in case of votes bought from prisoners, any revenue generated would go towards their cost of incarceration.

I am an independent. All political parties welcome to bid. Minimum bid: $10,000. Any takers?

Only you can prevent my vote from being wasted.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At October 9, 2008 at 6:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't help you. I'm an Independent as well. ;o)

 
At October 9, 2008 at 10:30 AM , Blogger rondering said...

Ok, I'll lower my opening bid.

 
At October 9, 2008 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Artstudio Sri Lanka said...

Building an e-commerce store is not an easy job. Software is required that can manage customers as well as their needs. E-commerce software should be able to handle inventory, shipping and handling costs, taxes, dispatching and payment processing of client's orders. You may encounter many options when setting out to build an e commerce store. Before choosing any of them it is important to have a clear view of your requirements. Technical requirements might include coupons, tracking systems, customer login options or any number of other things. Other requirements include what type of impression you want to provide to your valuable clients. Learn more with List Easy

 
At October 9, 2008 at 7:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

@artstudio....Eh. Huh. Well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home